The Brand Registry Group (BRG) is an association of companies who share the goal of empowering Brand Top-Level-Domains (Brand TLDs) in the domain name industry.
The BRG’s purpose is to support the collective interests of our members and help them to derive maximum value from their Brand TLDs.
The BRG effectuates this purpose primarily by:
- Advocating on behalf of the interests of its members to ICANN and other relevant parties;
- Informing and educating members with respect to their contractual obligations and applicable policies and procedures for their Brand TLD as well as the complex domain name industry;
- Empowering its members to engage with their internal leadership teams effectively through communication of concise issues and actionable requirements;
- Seeking opportunities to improve, enhance and develop policies and operational practices in support of our members applying for and operating Brand TLDs;
- Providing members with a positive collective voice without losing their individual voice to reflect individual positions; and
- Creating opportunities for member engagement, networking and collaboration.
The BRG was formed in 2013 when a number of major corporate companies foresaw the need to work collaboratively within the domain name industry to support the needs of Brands that applied for their own TLD after ICANN opened the application round for new gTLDs. As of July 2016, the BRG has grown to 40 members, representing over 70 Brand TLDs. We have a diverse membership across the globe, currently with 48% of our members based in Europe, 30% in North America, 20% in Asia and the remainder in the Middle East.
Transitional Membership is also open to companies that intend to apply for one or more Brand TLDs in the future. This provides a special ‘Observer’ status and enables early BRG community access and participation.